Friday, February 15, 2013

Warm Bodies

Belated Gung Hay Fat Choy, Acting Fans! We do hope the New Year of the Water Snake is treating you well and also commiserations to those of you who got 'Ralph'ed yesterday on Valentine's Day.


Just try to remember it's all a ploy by the cards and chocolate industry to boost sales during the long stretch to Easter! (Why, yes, I am cynical...yes, and single, why do you ask?) Or you could get a bit of your Romance quota from elsewhere. Which, thanks to a friend of mine, I did. Knowing I was at a loose end, my Bud invited me along to a showing of the new ZomRomCom 'Warm Bodies'.

Skinny little Marcus. He Grew Up. He Filled Out
And seeing as how they don't come around so often I thought I'd give it a go, even though the same producers brought us the *shudder* 'Twilight' films. Though it's not a patch on the first, it certainly warmed my cockles and had a few laugh out loud moments, some of them being a nicely wry turn on the soundtrack. So be sure to check it out if you fancy a fun film with a touch of black humour.
'Enough of this seasonal frivolity,' I might hear you say if this a) wasn't a blog article but a conversation and b) you have a particularly archaic speech pattern. 'What about an update on H&H productions, isn't that what this blog is supposed to be about?'
Well, as it turns out, 'Warm Bodies' is a pretty good segue - you see 'warm bodies' are exactly what Vern and I lack. Now hang on, hang on, PLEASE don't run away screaming from your computer/internet enabled device! It's not like that, not at all. We have NOT been turned into Zombies. ("Rurgh." "Shhh!")
No, sorry, what I meant to say is that we lack ADDITIONAL warm bodies ("Braaaaaaaaaains!" "Shush, Vernon!"). That is our search for additional Cheap-as-free actors has, so far, not been very effective. I've managed to get a one or two potential extra 'extras' from friends as far afield as Greater Manchester but we could still do with more. Failing that we may have to go with the Ultra Top Secret Emergency Backup Plan.
So besides casting our net wider in the attempt to bag us a shoal of actors, Vern will be taking time over the next couple of days to plan out some shoots that we can do regardless of the still-somewhat-changeable-weather. That is we have at least a couple more 'Behind The Acting' episodes to finish off to tide you over until we can get Episode 6 done.

That's it for this week, folks, so it's goodbye from me and it's a "Huuuuuuuuunnnngry!" from him,
(Now will you PLEASE stop chewing my elbow, Vern, I'm trying to finish typing!)

TTFN

Christopher Haigh

No comments:

Post a Comment