Friday, June 14, 2013

Farewell, My (British) Heart (Foundation Chums)!


Welcome back, Acting Fans and fellow bloggers this Friday I'd like to take a break from our regular blogging programme & going on about H&H just for a moment, and say a goodbye to my Volunteering days.


As some of you may recall whilst I pursued a proper job I was volunteering at the British heart foundation here good 'ol Halifax. Now I am going to be starting full-time employment (On Monday, in fact) I would like to say a fond farewell to all of the people that I worked with. I've had fun working there & I'd like to thank my work colleagues there, especially as I got to get my hands on all sorts of things from books, dvds, games - even a nerf gun too, and some rather cool lounge pants to boot, that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford new.


Best of all thanks to them I got myself a really good copy of the retro board game Hero Quest (this old favourite of mine can go for loads of money on eBay ) and for those who don't know what this is -  shame on you! ;-) I even managed to get hold of a few things that may be useful on H&H too. Including some light reflectors and some hand held fans, I don't know if we ever WILL get to use them but they are there if we need them. Let's not forget that it was thanks to the guys at B.H.F. Halifax that we got our hands on Gambon's infamous camouflage jacket.

I really will miss working there like I said it was fun. I wish everyone still working there all the best and thank you for having me but paid work is calling and, well, me having money is always good. Not just for me but for the Economy!

As for H&H, we are still getting on, trying to come with some idea for shorts and planning our shooting, so we haven't stopped at all on that front. Stay tuned but...

TTFN

Vernon Harcourt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment